Header Ads

My Experience with Yoga Teacher Training School in Goa

As I have been practising yoga asana since long, I have been feeling that there is more than Asanas to Yoga, I started Looking for Yoga teacher training course, as Yoga comes from India, I really wanted to have experience its in roots, Where it has started. Looking on Net, I came across so many Yoga teacher trainings in India. Where yoga school teaches also philosophy, and other details about yoga asanas too.

I was very attracted to this kind of trainings.
I did not want to find a very physical active training like ashtanga or power yoga, or was afraid to go to any ashrams as the orthodox rules will not work for me. While looking for Hatha training in India, It is confusing what to choose reading about ashrams in Rishikesh or Dharamshala or Goa. Being a beach person I looked for course in Goa, it is difficult to know which one is best school. So I started reading there details.
I found Diya yoga, which felt right for me as it is not an orthodox school, it is close to the beach, and they also emphasis on meditation and yogic anatomy too where my interest is more.


Also about school that it is talking about “being light unto myself”, attracted me more. As I am not much in to looking for some guru. I like to learn from different teachers.

So I decided to book the course with them.
I was very happy doing course with this yoga teacher training school, As it is really a non dogmatic school, works on giving experience not just talking about things. The teachers team is so loving and caring, sharing there experiences and guiding us like friends. I always heard about chakras or Kosha from different teachers, I really had experience of touching those points, more practical at Diya Yoga school. It was so healing.


Also having different Asana teacher help me to see that I can be myself more and share what I know. Each Asana class was unique, as each teacher bought its own uniqueness into Asana class encouraging my own way to express and create my class. The Asana are Hatha based, including also Yin, vinyasa, restorative and iyenger. See Guide to yoga Teacher Training
We learn so many different meditation techniques, so we can choose to continue the one we like the most. Day was too short and went by learning all the things. Evening I slept like baby, on my nice comfortable bed. Sure some time on full moon dog barking woke me up.

Food at my Training Center
Meals were like a vegetarian buffet, was so fresh and yammi, I do not like very spicy food, that was my fear during course, but I fall in love with Poha, Dal and curry. 


overall all my experience is that travel to India was like seeing world more with trust and doing yoga course with Diya yoga, which has price fitting my budget with nice room and yoga hall with view of lake and hills. It was just right for my experience of india and giving me trust and confident to be a teacher with what I learn.

1 comment: